Monday 25 April 2011

Top 5 Songs I just can't get out of my head...

... sorry, didn't mean to add a Kylie reference...
1. Missing You by Tyler Hilton - there's something seriously hot about a country singer singing romantic/ sad songs but this one just makes my heart melt, especially the rhythm of the chorus in the way the second line comes in after a rest which just gets me every single time! I have been singing that tiny bit all day and it was only just now that I realised what it was!

2. Every Rose Has Its Thorn by Poison - the scary thing about this was that my mum who loves rock music had no idea who Poison was and I, who was born after this song was done, am in love with it. Again, it is a kind of slow, country/ rock ballad but something about the grittiness of the voice and the outstandingly beautiful chorus makes it so so different.

3. Cruel to be kind by Letters to Cleo - ok, so I know this is a cover but it was the version I heard first and it's kind of stuck in my head ever since. It's an amazing song to sing along to but it's also upbeat and cheerful so it can't help but put a smile on your face.

4. You're the reason by the Victorious Cast - don't judge a book by it's cover, or a show by it's channel I guess. I thought Victorious would be all right but I never expected the songs to be as good and catchy as they are. This one I think is great to dance along to but also has a really sweet message in it, without being cheesy (amazing).

5. My First Kiss by 3OH!3 - I heard it when it first came out (or rather, half the bus on a school trip to Somerset - from London - decided to sing it) but it didn't really make an impact on me (not surprisingly, seeing as the singing .... well.... sucked, to put it nicely). THEN I saw it on the TV show Hellcats which has literally only just come over here and I fell in love with it. Now, every time I hear it I wish I could do half the cheerleading stuff they do in the show! I've also been able to listen to it properly (which the actual singers) and realise how absolutely undeniably insane it is! I don't generally love chart music but this is definately the exception.

No comments:

Post a Comment