Sunday 10 April 2011

Top 10 Feel Good Songs

10. Glad by Tyler Hilton (acoustic version) - not just because it's in One Tree Hill but it was where I first heard it. The chorus is really upbeat but the song itself is quite slow. It's great light music.

9. Kids by MGMT - very different to Glad as it sounds far more computerised but the sequence of five notes going up always makes me smile. For a clubby sing-along song with a slight hint of rock in it, this is the tune for you.

8. Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.) by Katy Perry - from her latest album, this one has yet to become a hit but is my favourite of all of her's. It can't help but put you in a good mood, especially the TGIF shouting bit in the middle. Light pop music.

7. Make it Shine by the Victorious cast - perhaps a cheesy Nickelodeon show but the theme song is great to listen to when you need a boost to your day. It many ways it's very similar to Last Friday Night.

6. All Night Long by Alexandra Burke feat. Pitbull - the clubby sound to this song isn't normally something I like but here it fits perfectly and I can't help but smile. It makes you tap your feet and want to join in. Great club song.

5. Breakaway by Kelly Clarkson - the most inspirational song I have on my iPod, this song can always make me feel good about myself. It's one of the slower ones on this list but also less poppy that most. Great song to wake up to.

4. I Melt With You by Modern English - I love 80s music but this is my favourite. It isn't one of the more upbeat songs but it makes you want to dance and get the shoulder pads out... almost.

3. Someday I'll be Saturday Night by Bon Jovi - this song isn't one that at first sounds like a feel good song but the lyrics are really inspirational and there's a lot of hope in there, even if the song is one of his slower ones. It's the perfect song for when you've had a bad day.

2. Fill my Little World by The Feeling - I am obssessed by this band but this slightly cheesy song, has to be my favourite. It's light-rock and can't help but put you in a good mood.

1. There She Goes by The La's - I've listened to this song over 40 times and still it is one of my favourite songs of all time. All I have to hear is that opening rift and I feel like it's a warm summer day, even if it's the middle of winter. A great slow rock song for with some of the best instrumental sections I've ever heard!

No comments:

Post a Comment