Tuesday 19 July 2011

The songs that I am constantly singing at the moment

.... believe me when I say it is winding up everyone within a two mile radius!
1. Year 3000 - Busted. I know every single word to this song! This was one of the songs of my childhood and I am still obsessed. I think it's a mixture of the rock beat and the most random lyrics I have heard! It makes a nice change from romance related ones though! I especially love the chanted bit about this song had gone multi platinum and I frequently sing it in the shower. Awesome!

2. Livin' La Vida Loca - Ricky Martin. Ok, so I had a strange childhood in that I only ever watched Shrek once and only bits of it. Unlike most others of my generation, I have none of them on DVD and am far from obsessed. So I came across this song by accident and whilst everyone else was horrified/ amazed that I had never heard it before, I fell in love with it. To be honest, I still don't know the lyrics other than the chorus (vaguely) but I frequently wander around the house singing 'la, la, la' to it.

3. Everlasting Love - Love Affair. Great 60s song that makes me want to act out some cheesy musical and do a dance routine in the chorus. This song is one of those that sums up everything about love without being painfully 70s... except that when it was written 70s hadn't happened so it couldn't be compared to it.... and now I am very very confused!

4. Light Up the World - Glee. Not my favourite show but this original song actually wasn't half bad..... ok, I admit it, it's pretty incredible (for a Glee song). There's something about how cheerful and bright and upbeat it is that makes me smile everytime I even hear the first line... even if only in my head. It's also annoyingly catchy though so I must stop thinking it and move onto number 5.

5. What if - Colbie Caillat. This is the song played at the end of Letters to Juliet and seeing as I just rewatched it this weekend it has been in my head ever since. This is one of those songs which is uplifting without being loud like Light up the World (see 4) and you so fits the end of the film perfectly. You can just imagine this song being played on a summer evening in Italy or in the south downs of England. Stunning!

1 comment:

  1. Ah great selection, we all remember Busted from our childhood! I'll have to check out number 5 as i haven't heard that before. But if you get a singing sore throat
    from all that singing around the house then use these throat sweets for singers :)

    ReplyDelete