Monday 18 July 2011

Top 5 moving films

5. It's a Wonderful Life - this film is designed to have you feeling good about life at the end, despite the slightly depressing storyline.

4. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone/ the Chamber of Secrets - ok so perhaps not the traditional choice but watching the now world-famous actors when they were only ten and eleven and remembering how much more innocent and easy life was back when I was that age moves me more than Titanic or Marley and Me or any other supposedly tear-jerking film.

3. Dirty Dancing - I am Frances Houseman (aka. Baby) except without the whole dirty dancing side to things. This film literally brings tears to my eyes at the part when Johnny leaves her in his car with She's like the wind playing in the background.

2. Letters to Juliet - this film makes you realise that even if you loose your true love, you will one way or another find him or her, albeit fifty years later. The other poignant bit is the letter from Sophie which says that as individual words what and if are very innocent but together they can change everything.

1. The Lives of Others - I watched this in my German lesson and regardless of the fact I was surrounded by all my friends, I cried like an idiot at the end. It isn't one of the most cheerful films of all time (set in East Berlin during the cold war and the 1980s) but the ending is possibly the most beautiful and moving I have ever seen.... and no, it's not at all sad at the end.... well, not much anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment