Sunday 11 March 2012

The busy life of a 16 year old... no I'm not being sarcastic (for once)

So, its been at least 6 months and I have been so busy I haven't had a chance to post on here, so apologies to you all. I'm currently preparing for my GCSEs, and organising the prom for my year group and playing in school concerts and trying to persuade this guy I like to go to prom with me as a friend, even though I don't want to go with him as a friend but as something more, and going out partying every night... ok, that last one's not true: I just thought I'd retain the stereotype of teenagers in the modern day.

My music has also changed over the last few months so I thought I'd post with my current top 5 favourites that I am winding my parents up by singing every single day.

1. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger by Kelly Clarkson - I've always loved Kelly Clarkson's music, every since I saw Princess Diaries 2 and 'Breakaway' was on there, but this song is possibly her best yet. It's fun, it's uplifting, it makes you want to dance and sing really loudly on the bus in the mornings, and most of all, it has this insanely good message, in contrast to so many songs in the charts about breakups and the misery of love (Adele, I'm talking to you).

2. Next to me by Emeli Sande - when I first heard this song, I hated it because all I could hear was the same line (the title) on repeat and that just wound me up (a bit like Damien Rice's 'The Blower's Daughter'). But then after the 10th time of hearing it on the radio, I got into it and now whenever it comes on I just have to join in. There's something about it that is incredibly original and unique and I'm so happy that the chart has a BRITISH soul and R&B artist in the top ten for once!

3. Cannonball by Damien Rice - I can't stand 'The Blower's Daughter' but this song is so brilliant that I can't help loving it. This is the only slow song on here - largely because who knows me knows I am so positive that slow songs just ruin my mood - but this one is so epic it has to make the list.

4. Glorious by Andreas Jackson - this is one of those old songs (ok, 12 years old one - 1999)  that I've just come across. And I LOVE IT! I had it on this 'Cold Feet' CD on my iPod (Cold Feet was a Britsh show in the mid-noughties) and then never listened to it until I heard it on the radio and searched itunes for it only to find it was already on my iPod.

5. Domino by Jessie J - her absolute best yet! Another artist I am so proud to be able to say is British. This song is the ultimate party song of the moment and I love waking up to it in the mornings. It can't help but put you in a good mood.

So there you go, my 5 songs of the moment. If you haven't heard of them, I insist you go and listen to them and see if you fall in love with them as much as I have. Have a great weekend. xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment