Sunday 11 March 2012

Nerves

You know when you get so nervous that your hands start shaking and your heart is pounding so loudly in your ears that you think the whole world can hear? Well, last night I emailed one of my best friends asking if he would mind going to prom as my friend. Not as my date, I might add. Just as a friend.

But regardless, I am still a massive bundle of nerves, even though I know the likelihood of him saying no is far smaller than the likelihood of him saying yes. And it got me thinking.

I'm one of those traditional girls who likes to have the guy ask her rather than the other way round and so for me this was a first time. And I realised something: guys have a very tough job. I know all they have to do is say, "hey, would you like to go out sometime?", but waiting for the response and getting up the courage to do it in the first place requires more bravado than you might expect.

We don't give them enough credit for overcoming this fear and personally I think we should. Because I am certainly not capable of asking boys out on a regular basis!

No comments:

Post a Comment