Sunday 10 April 2011

Chinese Whispers really sucks...

Do you ever have people telling you what to do and expecting you to do it just because they don't understand your way? Because right now, that's happening a lot.

You see, I have this friend, one of my best friends, who happens to be a guy. I've known him forever and I love him like I love my girl friends. I don't get to see him much anymore because of school and the fact we live an hour from each other but we keep in touch and I miss him so we text once a day or so.

Anyway, my friends were looking through my new phone but I wouldn't let them look at my messages. Obviously they were curious and so 'borrowed' it and read all the ones I had from this guy - believe me when I say I wanted to kill them! I told them we were just friends and I wanted it to stay that way for the time being and thought it would all be over.

Alas no! They started to drop it into conversation and caused half my class to think there was some big romance going on (which in an all girls' school is always a major excitment) and now I have people stalking his facebook page and asking me when I'm next seeing him or if we've kissed or what I wore on our first date and I have to keep saying we're not dating, we're just friends only to be told guys and girls can't be friends, which is a total lie by the way because he's my closest friend and I can tell him practically everything without worrying what he'll think of me and I know he won't take it too seriously if I start ranting like I am now!

I guess the thing is I don't want this guy to find out that half my year think we're dating or whatever because I'm scared he'll think I want to date him. I know it sounds stupid but I'm a total control freak and if I don't keep everything in its proper place, I panic, and that includes having my school friends on one side and my home friends on the other. I'm also scared that if my friends meet him, they wouldn't like him or wouldn't think he's 'hot' because now they've got it into their heads that we're dating, they want to judge him and give their opinion on my 'boyfriend'. I guess I just want to protect him. Is that really such a bad thing??

No comments:

Post a Comment