Saturday 9 April 2011

Top 10 summer songs

I was bored of getting sun-burnt and so decided to make a list of the songs that sum up summer the best. So here is my list of the top 10 summer songs:
1.Summer of '69 by Bryan Adams - how could I not include this!?

2. Boys in the Summer by Jessie James - not Jessie J but Jessie James the American country singer. I don't generally like country music but this song had me dancing crazily round the room (not something I do often, by the way).

3. Perfect Day by Hoku - so not necessarily a summer song but I always see the film Legally Blonde and the lyrics are so uplifting despite it being cheesy pop

4. Somewhere in my Heart by Aztec Camera - possibly THE most catchy song with such an epic guitar solo that can't help but bring a smile to your face. Amy MacDonald did a cover of it in 2005 which is also incredible.

5. Our Song by Taylor Swift - ok it might to be cheesy pop but it epitomises the hope of a summer romance and is seriously catchy

6. Thunder by Boys like Girls - the first slow song but an epic rock ballad that embodies the end of the summer and the end of romance. The Great Escape is also a great summer song but there's something so beautifully melancholic and poignant about Thunder

7. Don't Marry Her by The Beautiful South - not really a summer song but the light-hearted beat and tune makes me wish I was driving to the beach instead of school whenever I hear it

8. Long Hot Summer by Girls Aloud - great girly pop

9. Is this the way to Amarillo? by Tony Christie - it may not be a traditional summer song but I always see it as one or an end of school year one! It's the best song to get everyone on their feet and singing along. Can't help but smile!

10. Hotel California by The Eagles - classic summer song

No comments:

Post a Comment