Monday 2 May 2011

The 5 Best romantic moments in films

There WILL be spoilers!

5. "Me? I'm scared of everything. I'm scared of what I saw, I'm scared of what I did, of who I am, and most of all I'm scared of walking out of this room and never feeling the rest of my whole life the way I feel when I'm with you." Dirty Dancing, as said by Baby Houseman. The relationship between Baby and Johnnie is incredibly beautiful and what makes it even better is the fact that they're not a perfect couple at all but fight and argue and have everyone else trying to stop them. I also love the innocence of Baby Houseman because I can relate to her. This line is when she finally breaks away from the protection of her father and disobeys him to see the man she loves.  

4. Princess Diaries:
Michael: "Why me?"
Mia: "Because you saw me when I was invisible."
There's something so innocent about this film that I love it. This line just sums it all up, the fact that she may be a princess but she's still the same person and still feels the same way about her best friend's brother. The kiss afterwards is done very well, especially with the fact that the whole garden is suddenly lit with fairylights - far more romantic than the classic fireworks going off.

3. From the film Clueless: the moment when Cher and Josh kiss at the top of the staircase and in fact the entire scene. This is one of my all time favourite films because of how funny it is but this scene is my favourite. Despite the slightly worrying connections family wise (I don't think they're related but I always get slightly confused) the two of them are so perfect for each other and there's something so adorable about the way Cher is down in this scene and Josh is the one who stands up for her and hugs her. Just a perfect moment.

2. "You see? That is just like you, Harry. You say things like that, and you make it impossible for me to hate you." When Harry Met Sally, as said by Sally at almost the end of the film. It might be a very very cheesy scene but the fact that Harry has just run miles around New York for her makes it absolutely acceptable... this is the point that I manage to start crying, regardless of how many times i have seen this classic romantic comedy.

1.  "I hate it when you make me laugh, even worse when you make me cry. I hate it when you're not around, and the fact that you didn't call. But mostly I hate the way I don't hate you. Not even close, not even a little bit, not even at all."  10 Things I Hate About You, as said by Kat Stratford to Patrick, aka Heath Ledger. This is one of the best romantic comedies because it just gets what it's like to be a teenager and by the end it is impossible to hate Kat because you realise she isn't the emo she appears at the beginning but actually has a huge heart and is love with Patrick, despite the fact he is paid to date her, hence where this poem comes in. If you haven't seen it, you must. If you have seen it, you need to rewatch it. Oh, and it isn't at all sappy!
Please note, I (sadly) do not own the copyright to any of the forementioned films.

No comments:

Post a Comment