Friday 3 June 2011

Boys just don't do subtle

Ok, ok. I know. It's a fact of life that everyone knows. But it has really just dawned on me how clueless they can be. My friend emailed me today saying that her love life is currently along the lines of 'hurry up and ask me out before I die of old age'. The thing is, I've done the same things to.

Take last summer for instance. I met this really hot guy and right from the first day there was chemistry and it seemed as if he was really into me. So I dropped plenty of hints, from the 'oh dear, I seem to have left my bike at the other end of the road', just so he could walk along with me, to the oh so subtle 'I don't want to go in the water. REALLY, I don't. Put me down, put me down. Oh well if you insist on carrying me into the sea, I suppose....' And yet he never once kissed me. Not once. It was as if I could have spelled it out on the beach and he wouldn't have got it.

And my best friend. I drop far more hints than is necessary and yet he never seems to pick up on the fact that I call him whenever anything goes wrong and he's the first person I talk to with something happens, good or bad, or that I text him about the most trivial things that bother me, or that I've cried down the phone to him more than once, or that I'm always there for him. And it's not as if I don't know he cares for me.

Aaarhhh! Boys!

I'm 15, and I still haven't been kissed!

No comments:

Post a Comment