Wednesday 1 June 2011

The Secret Life.... that isn't secret

I originally watched this show to see what all the fuss was about.... then I was hooked. I watched the first two seasons in the space of a month and this season I actually had to wait each week for the next episode (much to be chargrain!).
Monday's double bill was something I had not expected so I was delighted to watch back to back episodes. There's a lot of criticism against this show: too many sex references, unrealistic, undeveloped characters.... you get the gist. But many of the critics aren't teenagers who can actually relate to it, and whilst it is unrealistic in the relationship between the parents and the teens (Grace and her mum for instance) that's what makes it different from real life. It has been said to be like a documentary as to the problems with teen pregnancy but if you watch it for long enough, you realise it isn't just centred on that but also on teen relationships as a whole.
Yes, sometimes the story lines make me want to go and do triple maths but others draw me into the show so far, that I spend the next few days totally addicted. That's the same with most shows.

The season finale's next Monday (June 6th) so no doubt I will be practically jumping up and down in my English exam that morning! Let's hope it goes out with a bang!

No comments:

Post a Comment