Saturday 7 May 2011

Top 5 TV shows

... that I secretly love...
5. Dawson's Creek - I've only just started watching this but already I love it: sometimes I even wonder if Joey and I are twins or something - she's exactly like me! I guess I love the innocence of the programme (and yes, despite having Gossip Girl as number one on this list, I do like innocent programmes too) and the fact you don't have to turn the channel when your dad walks in (which I do with all the others on this list). I also like the fact that the girls don't have 'bff'' relationships because I don't know any friendship like that but I know plenty like Joey and Jen in the earlier seasons.

4. Vampire Diaries - this is one of those programmes which you can be really critical about until you actually start watching it and before you know it you're caught up in all the drama of Stephen and Elena vs. Elena and Damon (NB, I want Damon and Elena!) and whether Katherina will betray them all yet again or will suddenly change and do the right thing (who am I kidding?). I can't stand Twilight (they're far too cheesy mush for my liking) but Vampire Diaries captures the danger and the drama as well as sometimes verging on thriller. Plus the romance scenes are hot!

3. One Tree Hill - Lucas and Peyton, Lucas and Brooke, Lucas and Lindsey... this was pretty much the reason I started watching it: Lucas drama. And believe me, there is plenty of it in the first six seasons (yes I do mean the first 6!). I then thought the seventh would be a let down as Chad Murray Michael (Lucas) and Hilery B (Peyton) left the show but the new characters that were brought in seemed to add a new dimension and brighten the show after the kind of sombre season 6. Alex is my favourite season 7 character, a young actress whose career has kind of fallen apart and she becomes a model to work at Brooke's Clothes Over Bro's fashion show, although she is constantly partying and drunk.. oh and she fancies Julian, Brooke's long-term boyfriend.....

2. Hellcats - I am completely hooked on this show. The drama, the romance, the cheerleading, the law cases, more drama.... If I went to school in the US, I would be trying out for cheerleading constantly (I might not make the team, but if I could, I would)!

1. Gossip Girl - I started watching this when I was twelve which is definately too young but I fell in love with the romance of New York and now I just can't stop watching. Season 4 has been far better than season 3 and I just can't wait to find out what happens between Chuck and Blair. Thankfully they've renewed it for season 5 but I just hope they don't remake season 3 as that would be agonising!

No comments:

Post a Comment